Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
The Week In The History
- 10.15(1965) : Opposition played at Gartree School, Leicester.
- 10.14(1966) : New Opposition played at Youth Centre, Narborough.
- 10.15(1966) : "Suddenly Deaks had pains in his stomach and had to play
near the open window at the side of the stage for fear of being sick." (from the diary of Richard Young)
- 10.16(1966) : New Opposition played at Municipal Hall, Eden Mills.
What's New ?
- Eternal Wings : "Under Pressure" (Chap.5) by Anja Geenen
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- Millionaire Mr.Deacon also became "Million-Air"
Good news from Official website with handsome deaky-pic :-)
John Deacon and Brian May have recently both been made BMI 'Million-Airs'. It is a special award given by BMI to celebrate more than 1 million radio broadcasts in the USA of "We Will Rock You" and "Another One Bites The Dust".
BMI (Broadcast Music Inc.) is a USA company, so this means how popular John's AOBTD is in USA only. (of course this song is popular also in other countries!) Anyway, congratulations John!
- "A Knight's Tale"
This is a Japanese weekly paper which features Queen's "We Will Rock You" on the film "A Knight's Tale" ("Rock You!" as Japanese title). I've seen this film the other day and enjoyed very much (well, I'm not saying I appreciate that "Champions" without our John & Freddie, though!)
- Was there a John Deacon Signature Bass?
Riccardo sent me the following question. How do you think?
This is a question from a fan in the Talkbass forum:
Was there a John Deacon Signature Bass?
I was just listening to old Queen CD's, especially Night at the Opera and A Day at the Races, Sheer Heart Attack, I was wondering if there has ever been a John Deacon Signature bass, I think he plays a Fender Jazz Bass.
Thanks for all Deaky fans which will answer.
Thank you for reading! See you next week!