Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
On This Week In The History
- 12.17(1965): Opposition played at Gartree School, Leicester.
- 12.21(1967): The Opposition played at Raven Youth Club, Thurnby Lodge.
- 12.22(1967): The Opposition played at Great Glen Youth and Sports Centre Club, Leicester.
- 12.17(1968): The Art played at Gartree High School, Leicester.
What's New ? [Updated record]
- Anniversary Questionnaire 2001 : Let's enjoy! (The closing date will be 4th January, 2001)
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- One Vision
I found the exact words of what Freddie sang in 'One Vision' recording.
Here they are:
One dump, one turd, two tits - John Deacon.
(See the following page:
Actually, they are a bit 'dirty' words...
why did you sing such phrase, Freddie?
- Very Deaky Playing Style
Maybe almost all of you know John's special (and somewhat peculiar) playing style: Finger-licking. One of my guests( he's a bassist) told us that licking finger is to make the playing smooth. But...who else plays the same style as he? After all, is it his unique habit?
And there's another question: When it began? I've read on an Japanese interview in 1976 where he was asked 'why you lick your finger while playing?', so I think it's pretty old habit. How do you feel about that, John? Do you remember?
- Deaky in '8-beat Gag'
'8-beat Gag' is a Japanese comic featuring various rock star in '80.
John also appeared the following three scenes:
- John Deacon, Director General...?
Do you know the fact that the name of Director General of BPI (British Phonographic Industry) until July this year was Mr.'John Deacon'?
I was surprised when I found a bit old news said that "John Deacon retired from his post as director general of the BPI this month after 21
years.(19 July 2000)" But of course OUR Mr. Deacon couldn't take a such post for 21 years ;-)
Thank you for reading! See you next week!