Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
On This Week In The History
- 10.23(1966): New Opposition win all the heats in the 'Midland Beat Contest', gaining a place in the finals that are eventually cancelled and abandoned.
- 10.29(1966): New Opposition played at Youth Club, Eyres Monstell.
- 10.23(1967): The Opposition played at London Road Casino, Leicester.
- 10.28(1967): The Opposition played at Zodiac 67 Club, Leicester.
- 10.26(1968): The Art played at Village Hall, Kibworth.
What's New ? [Updated record]
- Bass'es Bassinet: Thanks to Philipp, I added a fact on 'fretless Bass' section.
- Looks Nice, Mr. Deacon?: Young, sweet 'Hungry Deaky'.
- Rain Must Fall: 'Exklusiv-Interview'[German].
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- John Deacon "2000"!
I found John's autograph photo in an auction site. It seems an ordinary 'Best Wishes' one, but it says 'John Deacon 2000 '! I'm really impressed and pleased that at least he is alive ;-) The successful bidding price was $31.50. Congratulations for the winner! (well, not me.)
- Question for Mr. Deacon
These are simple (some are a bit tricky) questions for John brought by 'Laura-Taylor'. How can you answer them?
- Did John dislike Freddie?
- Did John and his wife divorce? Did they live apart? Or did they still love each other deeply?
- Since Freddie passed away, why has John spent a retired life? Did he lose his interest in Queen anymore?
- [Answers by 'Seika Saitoh']
1)I think John DID like Freddie. Of course their principles in family life were different, but he might have a clearcut viewpoint about that.
2)They didn't divorced, though they had a bit hard time once. I don't know whether they are deeply in love now...after all, they'd had a long time married life! 'Marriage isn't easy', as he said.
3)John once said, "There's no point in carrying on. It is impossible to replace Freddie." For John, his music life (as a professional) equals Queen itself, I guess.
- [from 'Laura-Taylor']
Thanks for immediate answers! So still now John is "happy at home" with his "Best Friend" Veronica, although once he struggled to "Want To Break Free" and possibly had a sweet experience like "In Only Seven Days"...! He is really a mature guy who has strong sense of responsibility about marriage. ...Well, how about Roger? Maybe Roger is OK as he is, since he's been a naughty guy! And I think it is his charm :-)
- John and the woman
I was given a information about the woman in this photo by my guest, Denise. I hear that this woman is a singer named 'Elaine Paige' who covered Queen songs. (See this page (*no link) ) I've not listened it yet, but if anyone have this album, please tell me your review. Thanks Denise for this useful information!
Thank you for reading! See you next week!