Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
The Week In The History
- 8.19(1951) : John Richard Deacon was born. Happy Birthday!
- 8.19(1966) : New Opposition played at Narborough Youth Club.
- 8.19(1967) : The Opposition played at Wigston Royal Oak.
- 8.24(1967) : The Opposition played at Leicester Casino, Leicester.
- 8.27(1967) : The Opposition played at Endergby Co-Operative Hall.
- 8.28(1967) : The Opposition played at Raven Youth Club, Thurnby Lodge.
- 8.31(1968) : The Art played at Atherstone Memorial Hall.
- 8.29(1969) : The Art played at Youth and Sports Centre Club, Great Glen.
(his last gig at Oadby)
- 8.22(1980) : "Another One Bites The Dust" was released in the UK. The highest chart was No.7 and stayed 9 weeks on chart.
- 8.20(1986) : "Pain Is So Close To Pleasure" (with Freddie) was released in the US only. (didn't chart.)
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- Deaky 2002 Photo
As you may already know about it, let me tell you again. The webmaster of www.mercuryparadise.com showed us a brand-new photo of our Mr. Deacon at WWRY after-party in this May! Go to 'Collection' page, and if the site is too heavy to see because of its popularity, try this (sorry for taking the pic on my site, Rien...but everyone knows it's yours with your name on the pic!) Wow John, you still looks NICE, really!
- Musical Experiences
Last week, I went to London with my mother and saw the musical WWRY. We enjoyed the show, although the script itself seemed a bit ridiculous (well, better than 'the eYe', though) and unfinished. I was happy that both of John's two songs, "Another One Bites The Dust" and "I Want To Break Free", were effectively used. Anyway, as long as you are Queen fan and like to sing up, you would enjoy it!
Thank you for reading! See you next week!