Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
The Week In The History
- 2.25(1967) : New Opposition played at Antiquity Club, Churchgate.
- 2.17(1968) : The Opposition played at Dog & Gun, Syston.
- 2.18(1968) : The Opposition played at St. John's Bosco Hall, Eyres Monstell.
- 2.23(1968) : The Opposition played at Roundhills Youth Centre, Thurmaston.
- 2.24(1968) : The Opposition played at Youth Club Hall, Kibworth.
- 3.1(1968) : The Opposition played at Royal Oak, Wigston.
- 3.2(1968) : The Opposition played their last gig at Blaby Country Arms, London
(a few days later, they changed their name to The Art).
- Late February(1971) : Enlisted into Queen as the band's permanent bass player.
- 2.25(1985) : John opened 'Milo Studio' in London with Henry Crallan
who was a former keyboard player of Kevin Ayres band.
(John seems not to be involved in its business now.)
- February(1986) : Recorded a song 'This Is Your Time' with Hot Chocolate singer
Errol Brown.(still unreleased.)
What's New ?
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- Perform at the Jubilee Without John
According to BBC News, our Queen are to perform at the Queen's Golden Jubilee Show. Reading it, I couldn't help thinking "Hey, who is this Queen? How many members?" And I found the following news at Official website.
Queen (Brian May and Roger Taylor) are to perform at the Queen's Golden Jubilee Show. Queen are scheduled to open the concert which starts at 2000 (GMT) on Monday June 3rd.
The members of Queen and management are currently in the process of deciding on their choice of vocalist for the event.
...thanks the editor to make it clear. It's not beyond our understanding, but we miss you John!
- London Experiences
I went to London last week.
Brian's collection at V&A
I saw the Stereoscopic Daguerreotypes by T.R. Williams which Brian possesses at the Canon Photography Gallery, Victoria & Albert Museum. They are beautiful and keep very good condition.
A Site of Chelsea College
I found King's college (now closed) and Chelsea college of art & graphics at Manresa Road, Chelsea. But the building of Electronics seems not to be this area, while the main building is near here (according to Ultimate Queen, it is found at Pulton Place, near Fulham Broadway station. I heard that this place have no image of those days, though)
I stepped into the chapel and spent for a while imagining his wedding day. It's ceiling was very high and very solemn.
Although the musical isn't opened yet, the theatre is filled with expectation.
I watched "Bremner, Bird And Fortune" at 21:00 on Sunday and meet Roger on the remake PV of "Break Free". Well, my impression was "Oh my..."
Thank you for reading! See you next week!