Deaky Weekly - English Edition -
*This page consists of deaky-topics that arose on my website in this week.
I hope you'll enjoy it.
The Week In The History
- 1.28(1967) : New Opposition played at London Road Casino, Leicester.
- 1.29(1967) : New Opposition played at Casino Ballroom, Leicester.
- 1.27(1968) : The Opposition played at Blaby Country Arms, London.
- 2.1(1969) : The Art played at Village Hall, Kibworth.
- 1.30(1981) : 'Another One Bites The Dust' won the Favorite Single
in the Pop/Rock category at the 8th annual American Music Awards staged
at the ABC-TV Studios in Hollywood. (John attended there with Roger.)
What's New ?
- Eternal Wings: Last chapter of "As A Star Must Fade" by Anjya.
What's In? [Deaky-topics in this week]
- A Mistery of The Man with One Eye, and more
Andrew gave me the following questions:
1) I've seen pictures of John on stage playing 6-string electric guitar, to
which songs did he play guitar during he career with Queen?
2) Hot Space - cover photo, why is John's right eye missing? Any reasons,
stories behind this?
I've seen John playing 6-string e-guitar on "Staying Power" at Milton Keynes, but I don't know whether he played a guitar on other songs. And as for the second question, I have no clues. Does anyone know its reason? Was it just Freddie's sense of art?
By the way, I got a e-mail from Sebastian about the last week's topic :
I don't really think John even participated on the
recording of Who Wants to Live Forever (probably Roger didn't either) as the
orchestra makes almost all instruments (except the keyboards and guitar of
Brian) and neither John or Roger were members of the orchestra.
- What's your favorite Deaky-basslines?
To my joy, I got many new Japanese Deaky fans recently. And we talked their favorite bassline each other : "Mustapha", "Let Me Entertain You", "Killer Queen", "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Millionaire Waltz", etc. How about your favorite? (My current favorite is the last part of "Sail Away Sweet Sister"...I like its whispering bass!)
Thank you for reading! See you next week!