Fender Precision Bass Natural finish (2)
Written by t-sakamoto (translated by mami)
|Fender Precision Bass Natural finish (2)|
In 1976, at the time of 'A Day At The Races'.|
John began to use this Natural 2 as his main bass.
After peeling off its coating, it seems to be painted an oil for preventing a moisture.
Natural 2 at the time of 'News Of The World' tour.|
You can see a heavy dent on the lower part of its body.
In 1985, the strap pin is replaced by the one with security lock (chrome).
During a recording of the album 'A Kind Of Magic'.|
The dent was restored before Live Aid.
In April 1986 it seems to be adjusted in detail in order to restore some scars of its body.
I guess the following parts are restored: (the above picture is the one before restoration)
* Bury the trace of the restoration of the dent and a screw hole side its bridge. And re-polish its body.
* Change color of its body not to attract attention the trace of the restoration (it seems the only way).
* Change several parts (bridge, strap pin, peg and knob are plated with gold.)
* Replace pick guard with the custom-made one (it's not a special one, but not from Fender.)
* (possibly) change the pickup and the pot.
* Adjustment of the neck
Through those restoration in April 1986, this bass is transformed into the Black Precision.